Potato Gnocchi with Spicy Beer Braised Pork Shoulder, Cilantro and Smoked Mozzarella
Try this delectable Spicy Beer Braised Pork Shoulder, Cilantro and Smoked Mozzarella recipe using our Potato Gnocchi. SKU #24327
- Dutch Oven
- Brazier Pan
- 1.5 lb Pork Shoulder or Pork Butt, cubed in 2” pieces
- 1 Bottle Beer, Heineken or similar
- 1 Yellow bell pepper, stem and seeds removed
- 1 Green jalapeño, stem removed
- 1 Cup Cilantro, leaves and stems
- 1/2 Cup Parsley, leaves and stems
- 1 Tbsp Garlic, chopped
- 1/2 Cup White onion, diced
- 2 Tsp Kosher salt
- 1 Tsp Smoked paprika
- 2 Cups Chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Pinch Salt and pepper
- 4 Sprigs Cilantro, fresh
- 1 1/2 Cups Smoked mozzarella, grated
- 2 Cups JGP Potato Gnocchi - Item #24327
- Combine the beer, peppers, herbs, garlic, onion and seasoning in the blender and puree.
- Marinate the cubed pork overnight.
- The next day, remove the pork from the marinade, do not discard the marinade.
- Dry off the meat with paper towels. In a Dutch oven, sear the meat on all sides until golden brown.
- Add the reserved marinade to the Dutch oven along with the chicken broth. Cover and braise in a 300°F oven for 3 hours.
- Heat the ragu in a brazier pan.
- Add 2 Tbsp butter and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
- Simmer gnocchi in water, drain and add to the ragu.
- Divide the gnocchi with braised pork in 4 entrée bowls. Garnish with fresh cilantro and grated smoked mozzarella cheese.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!