Potato Gnocchi with Spicy Beer Braised Pork Shoulder, Cilantro and Smoked Mozzarella
Try this delectable Spicy Beer Braised Pork Shoulder, Cilantro and Smoked Mozzarella recipe using our Potato Gnocchi. SKU #24327
- 1.5 lb Pork Shoulder or Pork Butt, cubed in 2” pieces
- 1 Bottle Beer, Heineken or similar
- 1 Yellow bell pepper, stem and seeds removed
- 1 Green jalapeño, stem removed
- 1 Cup Cilantro, leaves and stems
- 1/2 Cup Parsley, leaves and stems
- 1 Tbsp Garlic, chopped
- 1/2 Cup White onion, diced
- 2 Tsp Kosher salt
- 1 Tsp Smoked paprika
- 2 Cups Chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Pinch Salt and pepper
- 4 Sprigs Cilantro, fresh
- 1 1/2 Cups Smoked mozzarella, grated
- 2 Cups JGP Potato Gnocchi - Item #24327
Combine the beer, peppers, herbs, garlic, onion and seasoning in the blender and puree.
Marinate the cubed pork overnight.
The next day, remove the pork from the marinade, do not discard the marinade.
Dry off the meat with paper towels. In a Dutch oven, sear the meat on all sides until golden brown.
Add the reserved marinade to the Dutch oven along with the chicken broth. Cover and braise in a 300°F oven for 3 hours.
Heat the ragu in a brazier pan.
Add 2 Tbsp butter and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
Simmer gnocchi in water, drain and add to the ragu.
Divide the gnocchi with braised pork in 4 entrée bowls. Garnish with fresh cilantro and grated smoked mozzarella cheese.