Veal & Beef Tortelloni with Fire Roasted Bolognese
Enjoy this traditional Bolognese recipe with a twist using our Veal & Beef Tortelloni. SKU #22445
- 32 Oz Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 Lb Ground Beef
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Celery stalk
- 1 Onion
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- ½ Cup Red Wine
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 Cups Veal & Beef Tortelloni
- ½ Cup Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Oregano & Basil
- Salt & Pepper
- Prepare mirepoix: Cut carrot, celery, onion, garlic into fine dice.
- In a large sauce pot, add oil and sauté mirepoix until carrots are soft.
- Add ground beef. Season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook until ground beef is grey.
- Add tomato paste followed by red wine and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Add in fire roasted tomato and cook for an additional 20-30 minutes.
- Add in fresh basil and oregano.
- Once sauce is finished, set aside.
- Cook Tortelloni: Bring 4 quarts of water to a rolling boil, add Tortelloni and cook until internal temperature reaches 165˚F or approx. 3-3 1/2 minutes. Drain.
- When finished, combine Tortelloni and Bolognese sauce and plate. Top with fresh Parmesan and more basil.
- You can finish the Bolognese with a splash of heavy cream or several tablespoons of butter.
- Add ground pork, sausage or veal to ground beef to enhance flavor.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!