Egg Fettuccine with Seared Scallops and Pumpkin Seed (Pepitas) Pesto
Induldge in this delicious dish with our made-from-scratch Egg Fettuccine nests. SKU #01106
- Food processor
- 1½ Cup Basil leaves, packed
- 1½ Cup Baby spinach, packed
- 1 Tsp Garlic, minced
- 1/3 Cup Pepitas, roasted no salt
- 1/2 Cup EVOO
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 Tsp Lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 Pinch Salt and cracked black pepper
- 16 Ea. Scallops, U 10-15 dry scallops
- 1 Pinch Salt and cracked pepper
- 1/3 Cup Pepitas, roasted no salt, chopped fine
- 12 Fettuccine Nests
- Add the basil, spinach, garlic, pepitas and Parmesan cheese to the food processor. Pulse to chop all ingredients. Add lemon, salt and pepper and with the machine running, drizzle in the EVOO. Check the seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Clean the scallops and pat them dry with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper and crust 1 side with crushed pepita seeds. Pan sear the scallops in a pan with vegetable oil until lightly golden on each side. About 2-3 minutes of cook time.
- Cook the fettuccine in simmering water, drain and add to a sauté pan. Toss with the basil pesto. Divide the pasta between 4 pasta bowls. Top with 4 scallops, fresh basil, shaved Parmesan and pepita seeds.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!