Chicken Pesto Tortelloni Salad
Make this easy summer salad using our Cheese Tortelloni. SKU #22221
- 1 Lb JGP Cheese Tortelloni - Item #22221
- ½ Cup Medium size mozzarella pearls
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes
- ½ Cup Feta Cheese
- ½ Cup JGP Basil Pesto - Item #51042
- 1 Cup Cooked Chicken Breast, shredded
- Small bunch of fresh Basil
- Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- Salt & Pepper
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half, cut mozzarella pearls in half, roughly chop about 2 Tbsp fresh basil.
- Using clean hands or forks gently shred the chicken into bite size pieces.
- Cook Tortelloni: Bring 4 quarts of water to a rolling boil, add pasta and cook until internal temperature reaches 165° F or for approx. 3 - 3 ½ minutes. Quickly cool under cold running water and set aside.
- Fold together the pasta, tomato, mozzarella pearls, fresh basil and pesto. Finally, fold the shredded chicken and parmesan cheese if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour for best results.
- Before serving add salt and pepper to taste. Add additional pesto if needed.
- This is a great way to use up excess cooked chicken.
- Grilled or slow roasted rotisserie chicken adds great flavor.
- This works as a cold salad made in advance, or a warm salad.
- Top with balsamic reduction for an exciting twist.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!