Spring Tortellini Salad
The perfect springtime dish using fresh vegetables and our Cheese Tortellini. SKU #81701
- 2.0 lb. Cheese Tortellini 81701
- ½ Cup Frozen peas thawed
- ½ Cup Marinated Artichoke Hearts
- ½ Cup Radish
- 1 Cup Pea shoots
- 2 Tbl Sunflower seeds toasted
- ¼ Cup Peppercorn Ranch Dressing
- 2 Tbl Fresh Dill
- 2 Tbl Red Wine Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper
- Prepare vegetables. Cut radish ½” julienne cut, cut artichoke hearts into bite size pieces if necessary, chop fresh herbs.
- Separately cook Tortellini. Bring 4 quarts of water to a rolling boil, add Tortellini and cook until internal temperature reaches 165˚F for approx. 2 1/2-3 minutes. Drain.
- Quickly cool under cold running water and set aside.
- Combine ranch dressing and red wine vinegar, set aside.
- Fold together the dressing and pasta. Combine with all remaining ingredients and mix evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate for best results. Add salt and pepper before serving to taste.
- Use any creamy ranch style dressing, a Parmesan peppercorn style is ideal.
In place of, or in addition to pea shoots you can use arugula
- In place of, or in addition to fresh dill, add your favorite fresh herbs such as parsley, basil, even mint.
- Using marinated jarred artichoke hearts is best, you can even reserve some of the liquid to add to the dressing. About 1-2 tablespoons
- If being made in advance, just before serving, add another tablespoon or two to brighten up the flavors and texture.
- Add grilled chicken and make a complete meal vs a side item.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!