Summer Angel Hair Tomato Basil Salad
A refreshing summer salad using our Angel Hair Nests. SKU # 04108
- 4 Angel Hair Nests - JGP Item 04108
- ¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil*
- ½ Cup Cherry Tomatoes**
- ½ Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Small bunch Fresh Basil
- 1½ Tbsp Dried Basil
- Salt & Pepper
- Prepare Vegetables: Cut cherry tomatoes in half. Roughly chop about 1 Tbsp fresh basil.
- Cut each nest of Angel Hair pasta into 2 equal halves. This makes the noodles shorter and easier to eat as a cold salad.
- Cook Angel Hair Pasta according to directions: Bring 4 quarts of water to a rolling boil, add pasta nests and cook until internal temperature reaches 165° F or approx. 1 - 1½ minutes. Quickly cool under cold running water, drain and set aside.
- Fold together the pasta, tomatoes, oil, fresh basil and dry basil. Finally, fold in the parmesan cheese with all ingredients and mix evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate for best results.
- Before serving, add salt and pepper to taste.
- *Some extra virgin olive oil can have a strong flavor. If necessary, you can cut the extra virgin olive oil with half EVOO and half plain olive oil.
- **You can use cherry tomatoes but plum Roma tomatoes work well too.
- This works great as a simple side salad or add chicken or grilled shrimp to make it more of a meal.
- I suggest using both dry and fresh basil as they give off different flavor notes. While fresh basil gives a nice aroma and fresh flavor, the dry basil combined with the EVOO gives a rich deep basil flavor throughout the dish.
- This is a very simple dish, feel free to experiment adding more or less cheese or other herbs to make it your own.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!