Angel Hair Sesame Ginger Noodle Salad
Make this simple summer side salad using our Angel Hair Nests. SKU # 04108
- 4-5 Angel Hair Nests - JGP item 04108
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1" Piece Fresh Ginger
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 2 Tbsp Scallions
- Salt & Pepper
- Crushed Red Pepper (optional)
- Chop the greens of the scallions into ¼ inch slices. Finely chop or grate the garlic and ginger. About 1 Tbsp each.
- Cut each nest of Angel Hair pasta in half once into 2 equal halves. This makes the noodles shorter and easier to eat as a cold salad.
- Make the sauce: Combine sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, garlic, ginger.
- Cook Angel Hair pasta according to directions: Bring 4 quarts of water to a rolling boil, add pasta nests and cook until internal temperature reaches 165° F or approx. 1 ½ - 2 minutes. Quickly cool under cold running water, drain and set aside.
- Fold together the pasta, sauce, scallions and sesame seeds. Optional: Add as much or as little crushed red pepper depending on desired heat level.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour for best results.
- Before serving, add salt and pepper to taste.
- This dish works great as a simple side to your favorite sushi, grab and eat on the go, or can be turned into a full main plate.
- Other ingredients that can be added: Bean sprouts, snow peas, shredded carrot, cucumber, bok choy, chicken, shrimp, scallops or crispy breaded pork.
- Black sesame seeds would give a nice pop of contrast and look really high end.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!