Braised Beef with Roasted Carrot & Ginger Gnocchi
Delicious and tender braised beef over our Roasted Carrot and Ginger Gnocchi. SKU #24382
- Dutch Oven
- 2 Cups JGP Roasted Carrot & Ginger Gnocchi - Item # 24382
- 2 Lbs Beef Short Ribs
- 1 Cup Dry Red Wine
- 2 Cups Beef Stock
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 Carrots, diced
- 2 Celery Stalks, diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Bunch Thyme
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- Salt & Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Herbs
- In a large Dutch oven or stock pot heat oil at medium or high heat. Season short ribs with salt and pepper.
- Sear the short ribs on each side for several minutes, remove from pan, set aside.
- Add carrot, celery, garlic and onion to the pot and cook for roughly 10 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and cook for 1 minute. Add the red wine and cook for 1 minute. Add the beef stock and bring mixture to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce to simmer and add back in the short ribs, bay leaf and thyme.
- Cover tightly and cook for 3-4 hours, turning and moving the short ribs about halfway through.
- Once finished, discard thyme stems and bay leaf. Remove meat from pot and remove from bone if desired and shred lightly. Skim any excess fat from the sauce.
- Set aside.
- Cook Gnocchi in boiling water for 2-3 minutes.
- In a medium saute pan, heat butter.
- Remove gnocchi from water when ready and toss in butter, searing on sides.
- Place gnocchi on plate. Top with braised beef and excess braising liquid.
- Garnish with Parmesan and fresh herbs.
- Use a quality wine that you would drink in this recipe. Either Chianti, Pinot Noir or Cabernet Sauvignon work best.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!